cLiCkFoRfLiCkDoTcOm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

cLiCkFoRfLiCkDoTcOm

A Movie & T.V. Chat Community!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Journey To The Center Of The Earth

Go down 
AuthorMessage
movieman8877445
VIP Link Adder
VIP Link Adder
movieman8877445

Number of posts : 531
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Journey To The Center Of The Earth Empty
PostSubject: Journey To The Center Of The Earth   Journey To The Center Of The Earth Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 11:18 pm

Journey To The Center Of The Earth is a story much like the book. It’s about a scientist who’s brother was obsessed with finding the center of the Earth, but then dies while their, but no one knows for sure what happened to him. But then his brother Trevor finds his brother’s copy of the Journey To The Center Of The Earth book and find all the notes and clues on how to get there. See Trevor follows the clues with his nephew Sean and a mountain guide named Hannah and then they find the center of the Earth, but now they have to find a way to get back to the real world. Brendan Fraser, Josh Hutcherson, and Anita Briem star in Journey To The Center Of The Earth.

The acting was okay, but nothing spectacular. Brendan Fraser did a pretty good job, but I think he does a pretty good job in all of his movies so I had already expected him to do an at least half decent job. Josh Hutcherson was okay, but nothing really great or anything but he may get better in time. Anita Briem was also just okay, I’ve never really seen her in anything besides this so I didn’t really expect anything from her. But the rest of the cast also just did an okay job even though really it was only them three in the movie because it never really showed anyone else except for like a brief second.

The story was much better then I expected, but the book was supposed to be really good (I haven’t got a chance to read it yet, but I will sometime) so I had expected the story to be at least decent. The ending was sort of predictable, but I already sort of predicted that because most kid movies are like that, and this was sort of a kid movie but older people would like it as well. If you’ve read the book you might like it more, but I haven’t so I wouldn’t know for sure.

The visuals were better than I had expected, because most movies meant for 3D, that I see not in 3D tend to have crappy visuals. But surprising this one wasn’t like that for the most part, it did have some scenes like that, but not that many scenes. This movie might is probably going to be better in 3D, but I didn’t get a chance to see it in 3D because my theater doesn’t have 3D movies sadly. If there’s a 3D option on the DVD then I’ll probably buy the DVD because I think Journey To The Center Of The Earth would be cool to see in 3D.

There really wasn’t that much action in this until towards the middle of the movie when they actually got to the center of the Earth. Once they did get to the center of the Earth it got a little better, but I had actually liked it before they even got to the center of the Earth. But you can tell pretty easy that the action was fake, but I had already expected it to look like that before I even saw it so I really wasn’t disappointed with that. There was some comedy in it, but I didn’t really find funny except for a few lines, but nothing really too funny. So don’t expect funny comedy or tons of action through the whole movie if you get a chance to see it.

Overall it was much better than I had expected mainly because of how low my standards were when I actually got a chance to see it. It was a very fun and cheesy movie to see that’ll be better if you get a chance to see it in 3D which sadly I didn’t get a chance to, but I do hope to see it in 3D. The acting was okay, the story was pretty good, the visuals were good even though they’ll be better in 3D, and the action was very fake but if you already expect that when you see it you might not have a problem with it. This might not be one you want to see in theaters unless you get a chance to see it in theaters. This might be worth a buy on DVD if you like fun cheesy movies and if it comes on 3D on DVD. But if it doesn’t I still do think it’s worth at least a rent on DVD.

8/10
Back to top Go down
http://cloverfieldmovieforum.com

Journey To The Center Of The Earth
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
cLiCkFoRfLiCkDoTcOm :: ClickForFlick Community :: Movie Reviews-
Jump to: