cLiCkFoRfLiCkDoTcOm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

cLiCkFoRfLiCkDoTcOm

A Movie & T.V. Chat Community!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Dark Knight

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
movieman8877445
VIP Link Adder
VIP Link Adder
movieman8877445

Number of posts : 531
Registration date : 2008-01-05

The Dark Knight Empty
PostSubject: The Dark Knight   The Dark Knight Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 11:19 pm

The Dark Knight is the hit sequel to the already great Batman Begins. This one picks up after Batman Begins with Batman’s worst villain ever, The Joker. Along there to help Batman is the new DA Harvey Dent. But as The Joker terrorizes Gotham, Batman has to decide weather to break his one rule or not because that’s the only way he can stop The Joker. Christian Bale, Heath Ledger, Aaron Eckhart, Michael Caine, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Gary Oldman, And Morgan Freeman star in this hit sequel.

The acting in The Dark Knight is Phenomenal; I don’t think it could’ve been any better than it was. Christian Bale is Batman and Bruce Wayne; I couldn’t see anyone else playing him after Bale started playing him. Ledger was probably the best thing about this movie, he couldn’t be any better. I now agree that he should get an Oscar for his role in The Dark Knight because he was spectacular in it, he’s also got to be the best movie villain ever, easily beating Anton Chigurh for it. His role in this may be in the top 3 movie performances of all time, I’m serious he was that good. I really like Aaron Eckhart is this, I though he did a great job with Harvey Dent and Two-Face, much better than I thought he would be from the trailer. He may also be in at least the top 15 movie villains of all time for his role as Two-Face even though it was short, it may have been higher if he got more screen time as Two-Face. Maggie Gyllenhaal also did a great job as Rachael, better than Katie Holmes did in Batman Begins, I’m sort of happy now that Katie Holmes didn’t come back to do The Dark Knight. Gary Oldman as Lt. James Gordon was better in The Dark Knight then Batman Begins, but that might also be because he had more screen time in The Dark Knight rather than Batman Begins, actually I don’t think he had that big of role in Batman Begins. Michael Caine was also great in this, he did great as Alfred, but he also did great as Alfred in Batman Begins, but unlike Gordon he had more screen time in Begins, but I can understand that because most of the screen time in The Dark Knight went to Bale, Ledger, Eckhart, and Oldman. Morgan Freeman was also great for the parts he was in, but it really wasn’t that many parts, but then again he didn’t really have that big of part in Batman Begins. Eric Roberts also did a very good job in The Dark Knight; he had a bigger role than I expected him to have because I didn’t even see him in one of the trailers. I also like Cillian Murphy’s small role I this and I’m glad to see they brought him back even though he really wasn’t in it too long, but it finally gave closure to his character. The rest of the cast also did a great job and the rest of them seemed to keep popping up from time to time throughout the whole movie.

The story for The Dark Knight was great better than Batman Begins and Begins had one of the best stories for a movie I’ve ever seen. I like the fact that it didn’t really feel like a superhero movie, which might sound weird to hear since it’s a batman movie, but if you actually see it you’ll get it. The Dark Knight is more of a crime and cop movie rather than a superhero movie, but I’m glad to see that because it’s getting better than just a superhero movie. It was also a mobster and terrorist type movie because of The Joker and all the other criminals that show up throughout the entire movie. The Dark Knight starts of really fast and it stays that way throughout the whole movie, but that’s a good thing because once it’s over you’ll be wanting more even though it’s almost a 3 hour movie. It never really gets slow like most movies because most movies get slow at least a little during the movie, but this one didn’t. The ending for this was great, a very epic ending to me and it leaves off for the third to start off really fast and that’ll help it make epic and even better than The Dark Knight hopefully, but it will be hard to top The Dark Knight. The Joker really kept the story going which I liked because he picked up the movie if it even got close to slow down, which it didn’t. So in a movie this has to be the best movie story I’ve ever seen in a movie even though I may be the only one that thinks that.

The visuals for The Dark Knight was amazing, I only wish I could’ve seen it in IMAX because even though it was already great in regular theaters it would be absolutely amazing. I’m seriously considering buying a Blu-Ray player just to see The Dark Knight in perfect quality, which would be amazing. Even though the quality in theaters was amazing, like I’m serious you’d be surprised how clear my movie theater had this. I guess it was probably because it was shot with IMAX cameras, but this move had crisp quality in my theater which I was surprised about because I’ve never seen any kind of video with that good of quality and since it’s that good in regular theaters, I’m dying to see how amazing it is in IMAX. Along with the picture the sound was the best I’ve ever seen in a movie theater, which I was really surprised about because I didn’t expect that. The action sequences were also amazing in this and I hope Christopher Nolan starts doing more action movies because of how well he can do action sequences. So I would actually just suggest seeing this because of how well the picture quality, sound quality, and the best action sequences, you have to see it to understand how great they really are.

Like I said in the last paragraph the action for this was amazing in this and I don’t think I’ve ever seen a movie with this good of action sequences. Unlike Batman Begins, The Dark Knight was action packed, like there was never a dull moment throughout the entire movie and also an amazing story to go along with it. They used CGI perfectly because I couldn’t even tell it was CGI and with most action movies I can tell if they’re using CGI, but I just couldn’t really tell with this one. So if you’re looking for a great action movie then this should be one on your must see list because this is the best action movie I’ve ever seen. Along with the action this also had a bunch of comedy moments in it, which were pretty good, I didn’t laugh at all of them, but they were still all pretty good. But the comedy is just a small part of what makes this movie so great, below everything else.

Overall this is my new favorite movie. If you’re even thinking of seeing this I highly suggest you see it in theaters because this has to be the best movie I’ve ever seen in a movie theater and I didn’t even see it in IMAX. It’s really sad that Heath Ledger couldn’t be alive to see how well The Dark Knight turned out to be. He was the best thing about this movie, but I do wish he got more screen time even though he got a ton of screen time already. The Acting for The Dark Knight was superb and that’s also one of the great things about this. The story has to be the second part though tied with how amazing it was to see in theaters. The Dark Knight is just not your average superhero movie, it’s a dark crime movie which makes this deeper and the best superhero movie, along with the best movie ever for me at least. I suggest you see this in theaters even if you’re not too interested in seeing it because if you buy the DVD and it turns out you like it, you just won’t get the same movie theater experience as me. The Dark Knight coming out on DVD is seriously making me want to buy a Blu-Ray player, that’s how great of a picture it has. But if for some reason you do miss it in theaters, buy the DVD or the Blu-Ray DVD because it’s seriously worth it, but as I said before you just won’t get the same movie theater experience as I got while seeing this in the movie theaters.

10/10
Back to top Go down
http://cloverfieldmovieforum.com
MoovK
Administrator
Administrator
MoovK

Number of posts : 2862
Registration date : 2007-12-24

The Dark Knight Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dark Knight   The Dark Knight Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 9:08 pm

I just watched this and only have one thing to say,

The Dark Knight Awesome
Back to top Go down

The Dark Knight
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
cLiCkFoRfLiCkDoTcOm :: ClickForFlick Community :: Movie Reviews-
Jump to: