cLiCkFoRfLiCkDoTcOm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

cLiCkFoRfLiCkDoTcOm

A Movie & T.V. Chat Community!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Step Brothers

Go down 
AuthorMessage
movieman8877445
VIP Link Adder
VIP Link Adder
movieman8877445

Number of posts : 531
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Step Brothers Empty
PostSubject: Step Brothers   Step Brothers Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 3:01 pm

Step Brothers is about two parents who get married, but they each have their own 40 year old son that lives with them. Then the two parents move in with each other, but there’s a problem the two sons hate each other and can’t stand each other. So they spend all of their time make each other miserable, but then they find out they have more in common then they think and become best friends. But their parents are sick of them acting like children so their going to kick them out if they don’t find jobs and one of the sons’ brother really isn’t helping the situation by selling their house. Will Ferrell, John C. Reilly, Mary Steenburgen, Richard Jenkins, and Adam Scott all star in this comedy.

The acting in Step Brothers is pretty good. Will Ferrell is pretty funny in this, it may be his funniest role yet, but if you don’t like most Will Ferrell movies then you might not like Step Brothers. John C. Reilly is also pretty funny in this, but I find Reilly in most of the comedy roles he plays so I had already expected him to be funny. But what I liked most about their acting was that they actually made you believe they were losers that acted like children, and that’s great because they really got into the role. Mary Steenburgen played his role very well as well; at times in the movie I really thought she was Will Ferrell’s mother. Now what I didn’t like was the Richard Jenkins really didn’t act like John C. Reilly’s father really at all during the movie, now that may be because it was supposed to be like that, but I just didn’t believe it. He seemed pissed off at him the entire movie, but that also might be because of some of the stuff Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly was doing the entire movie. Adam Scott also did a great job he was supposed to be a dick and he was the entire movie, which really showed me he got into his role and that he can act like he’s supposed to. The rest of the cast did a great job as well for the part of the movie they were in.

The story was pretty good; you could already tell for the basic outline of the plot that it has a chance to be really funny, and it successes’ with that. Adam McKay really brings back the feel of Anchorman and Talladega Nights with Step Brothers. What also made this so funny was that Judd Apatow was brought in to write the story and from that I could already tell this was going to be at least a little funny. But he made it even funnier than I had expected. The ending is sort of predictable though, but with most comedies it usually is because they usually don’t try any twist endings or anything with comedies.

The visuals were just sort of plain with Step Brothers, but usually comedies don’t try any fancy visuals or anything. So I really wasn’t anything expecting any great visuals, it’s just usual visuals you get from a movie. I wouldn’t think anyone would go in to see Step Brothers though expecting some great visuals, and I don’t know what to think if you actually do.

I found Step Brothers hilarious and that may also be because of its R rating, which I’m glad they decided not to make this PG-13. Even it doesn’t do great at the box-office, at least it will be funny because I hate when comedies tone down the rating and does good at the box-office, but the movie is funny. But there is one thing you should already expect because it being a Will Ferrell movie is that it’s a sort of stupid movie, but if you don’t expect that going in to see it then you might not end up finding it as funny as I did. There really isn’t that much action in this, but the action that is in this is just stupid action that is still cool to see.

Overall I found this movie hilarious and much better than Will Ferrell’s last movie, which after I got done watching it I was disappointed with, Semi-Pro. If you’re thinking of not seeing this because of Semi-Pro, I recommend you see this because it’s much better and much of an improvement over Semi-Pro. Step Brothers had some good acting and I found it hilarious. The story is pretty good, and it really helps make Step Brothers funny. If you like anyone in this movie then I recommend seeing this in theaters because it’s actually worth seeing in theaters, but if you don’t get a chance to I would recommend at least a rent on DVD once it comes out on DVD.

9/10
Back to top Go down
http://cloverfieldmovieforum.com

Step Brothers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
cLiCkFoRfLiCkDoTcOm :: ClickForFlick Community :: Movie Reviews-
Jump to: