cLiCkFoRfLiCkDoTcOm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

cLiCkFoRfLiCkDoTcOm

A Movie & T.V. Chat Community!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Swing Vote

Go down 
AuthorMessage
movieman8877445
VIP Link Adder
VIP Link Adder
movieman8877445

Number of posts : 531
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Swing Vote Empty
PostSubject: Swing Vote   Swing Vote Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 3:02 pm

Swing Vote is a comedy about the presidential election. When a dad makes a promise to his daughter to vote in the presidential election, but then ends up not showing up to vote. So his daughter sneaks in to vote for him, but the vote doesn’t go right so he has to re-vote. But then the election ends up being a tie and this one man has to make the choice of the next president. And once both the candidates find out whom that one man is they come to his town to try and get his vote. He becomes practically becomes famous because he’s the man that has the choice of the next president. Kevin Costner, Madeline Carroll, Paula Patton, Kelsey Grammer, Dennis Hopper, Nathan Lane, Stanley Tucci, and George Lopez star in this comedy.

The acting in Swing Vote is much better than I had expected it to be from the trailer. Kevin Costner was pretty funny in this and he played the role of the father well. Madeline Carroll did a great job for her first role that I’ve seen her in. Paula Patton did a good job as well; I don’t recall seeing her in another movie before this as well. Kelsey Grammer did a good job playing the president and really convinced me he was the president at times. Dennis Hopper who played the guy opposing Grammer in the presidential election did a good as well. Nathan Lane and Stanley Tucci who played both candidates representatives did a good job because they would do anything to win the race and they really convinced me that they would do anything to win the election. George Lopez did a good job for the part of the movie he was in, but he really wasn’t in that much of the movie. The rest of the cast did a good job as well, but nothing really special.

The story was better than I had expected, it really wasn’t just a stupid comedy like most comedies that have came out lately. It also really wasn’t a comedy throughout the whole movie; it sort of turned into a drama by the end of the movie, which I didn’t really expect. The only part of the story that I didn’t like was the ending and it sort of upset me the way they decided to end it. Also at times it dragged a little bit, but it usually picked itself up from dragging so I didn’t really have a huge problem with that. So the stories pretty good, but maybe not the best part about the movie.

The visuals are just like any normal visuals. Nothing special, just how usual visuals are for movies. So don’t go in expecting any special visuals from this movie.

There was some good amount of comedy in this, but not really much action. But there really wasn’t supposed to be any action in this because it’s not an action movie. There was some good comedy in this that I didn’t really expect to be that funny from the trailer, but it ended up being funnier than I thought. There did get times where it was sort of stupid, but in the end the comedy really wasn’t that stupid.

Overall it’s good to see comedies like this that aren’t pure stupid even though I like comedies like that. Swing Vote had a good story with good acting, and good comedy. If you ever get a chance to see this I think you should, but it’s not one of those movies you should rush out to see, but if you have some extra money and time I think you should see this. If you do miss it in theaters I think it’s at least worth a rent on DVD, maybe not buy but at least a rent.

8/10
Back to top Go down
http://cloverfieldmovieforum.com

Swing Vote
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
cLiCkFoRfLiCkDoTcOm :: ClickForFlick Community :: Movie Reviews-
Jump to: