cLiCkFoRfLiCkDoTcOm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

cLiCkFoRfLiCkDoTcOm

A Movie & T.V. Chat Community!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Mummy: Tomb Of The Dragon Emperor

Go down 
AuthorMessage
movieman8877445
VIP Link Adder
VIP Link Adder
movieman8877445

Number of posts : 531
Registration date : 2008-01-05

The Mummy: Tomb Of The Dragon Emperor Empty
PostSubject: The Mummy: Tomb Of The Dragon Emperor   The Mummy: Tomb Of The Dragon Emperor Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 3:04 pm

The Mummy: Tomb Of The Dragon Emperor is the sequel to the first two mummy movies. It picks up years after The Mummy Returns with Rick and Evie retired and their son, Alex, picking up with what his parents did. But when Alex finds the dragon emperors tomb in China, they transfer it to a museum in China. But when an army of warriors want to raise the dragon emperor and they do it. Now the O’Connell’s must stop him from letting his army become unstoppable, and they must raise his enemies to help them stop him. Brendan Fraser, Mario Bello, Luke Ford, Jet Li, John Hannah, Michele Yeoh, and Isabella Long star in this Mummy movie.

The acting was okay in Tomb Of The Dragon Emperor. Brendan Fraser just didn’t do as well as he did in the first two movies, but that may have been because writers just didn’t make his character as good this time. Mario Bello was not good at all to me, she just wasn’t fit for the role of Evie, but I had already expected that when they replaced Weisz. Luke Ford was okay, it just seemed like he was trying to be the old Rick throughout the whole movie, which I didn’t really like because it just wasn’t the same I wanted the old Rick from the first two back. Jet Li was okay even though he didn’t really do any acting throughout the whole he has like 5 lines throughout the whole movie. And it’s not even him; it’s really just a statue of him until like the last 10 minutes. John Hannah was good, but not as good as before, the last two he was actually funny, but in this one he was just corny and not funny. Michele Yeoh was pretty good and may had the best acting in the whole movie. Isabella Long was good for the parts of the movie she was actually in. The rest of the actors in the movie were okay definitely nothing special.

The story was the worst part of Tomb Of The Dragon Emperor IMO. They should’ve never had the movie take place in China; they should’ve kept it like the first two and made it take place in Egypt. Mummy movies are supposed to take place in Egypt. I almost fell asleep at the beginning of it, but when they started heading towards to go rise his enemies it got a little interesting, at least enough to keep myself awake. I never really got entertained throughout the whole movie until the very end when a huge battle takes place. The movie was faced with cheesy dialogue throughout the whole movie, but there was some cheesy dialogue in the first two, but this one was packed with it.

The visuals looked fake, but were meant to, so I get why it looked fake. The visuals didn’t really bother me, but they didn’t have to make it look so fake, because the visuals in the first two didn’t really use that much and they both turned out good. I guess the director wanted it to look like that which upsets me a little because they didn’t have to overdue it that much. So don’t go see this expecting amazing visuals or anything, because you won’t get it.

The action in this was pretty fake, but once again it was meant to be fake so I didn’t really have a problem with that. They tried to put comedy in this, but it just came out as corny to me which I was a little upset with. The action was okay throughout the whole movie and didn’t really get good to me until the ending with the big battle. So if you see this expecting an action movie then you may end up liking it, but don’t expect any comedy like the first two because it’s just not funny.

Overall I was sort of disappointed when I left my theater, doesn’t even compare to the first two, but I didn’t really expect it to at first. They should’ve never replaced Rachel Weisz, because if they didn’t I may have actually ended up liking it. And they shouldn’t have change locations of where it takes place and made the beginning a little more entertaining. If you have a free movie ticket to see this in theaters then I think you should see it in theaters, but if you don’t I don’t think it’s worth the money to go see it in theaters. If you really want to see it then it might, but if you have a little interest in it, I don’t think it’s worth the money. It might be worth a rent on DVD once it comes out on DVD, but I really don’t think it’s worth a buy on DVD.

6/10
Back to top Go down
http://cloverfieldmovieforum.com

The Mummy: Tomb Of The Dragon Emperor
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
cLiCkFoRfLiCkDoTcOm :: ClickForFlick Community :: Movie Reviews-
Jump to: