cLiCkFoRfLiCkDoTcOm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

cLiCkFoRfLiCkDoTcOm

A Movie & T.V. Chat Community!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pineapple Express

Go down 
AuthorMessage
movieman8877445
VIP Link Adder
VIP Link Adder
movieman8877445

Number of posts : 531
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Pineapple Express Empty
PostSubject: Pineapple Express   Pineapple Express Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 3:04 pm

Pineapple Express another great comedy from the Apatow gang. When Saul Silver gets a new shipment of pineapple express in, he decides to sell it to his most loyal customer Dale Denton. But Dale’s day just goes bad when he witnesses a murder while getting high. He tries to leave unnoticed, but that doesn’t go well and he throws his joint out of the window. But when the murderer, Ted Jones, tries to catch him he sees Denton’s joint on the ground and since Saul is the only dealer that sells pineapple express, so they tracked him right away. So now Saul and Dale are on the run from Jones’ hitmen trying to kill them. But they can’t run forever, so the two of them have to find a way out of this before they both end up dead. Seth Rogen, James Franco, Danny McBride, Gary Cole, Rosie Perez, Kevin Corrigan, and Craig Robinson star in this hilarious Apatow comedy.

The acting in Pineapple Express is hilarious. Seth Rogen is for once not the funniest person in the movie, even though he was still hilarious. James Franco had to be the funniest person in the movie, almost every line from him I laughed at. This also might be because he was high the entire movie and almost every line came out while he was high. Seth Rogen and James Franco make a good team for comedies and I hope to see them in more comedies together. Danny McBride was also very funny in this, but I didn’t laugh at whole lot of his lines, like Rogen and Franco. Gary Cole was also very funny in this, funnier than I thought from the trailer. Rosie Perez was probably the third funniest person in this movie, I laughed at a lot of her lines. Kevin Corrigan was funny, but least funniest person in the movie IMO. Craig Robison was very funny in this, he acted like he did in Knocked Up, which I found funny in Knocked Up, so that’s one of the things why I found him so funny. The rest of the actors were also very funny in this, even though most of their roles really weren’t that big.

Pineapple Express was very funny and had a great story. Even though I thought the very beginning was kind of stupid, it really didn’t have much point to me. But after that Pineapple Express kept me entertained throughout the whole movie and kept me laughing almost the whole way through, which I was glad that’s happened because I don’t think I’ve ever watched a comedy that kept me laughing throughout the whole movie. Seth Rogen’s job in the movie was just hilarious, and kept me laughing each time he went somewhere else during his job. I was very glad that I went to see this because Seth Rogen, Evan Goldberg, and Judd Apatow did a great job writing the story for Pineapple Express.

The visuals for this was just average visuals, like any other movie. It did get sort of gory at times, but I if you don’t like gore I hope this doesn’t stop you from seeing Pineapple Express, because it’s not really that bad of gore. The parts that actually used CGI actually looked sort of real, which I didn’t really expect because most comedy movie’s CGI doesn’t really look that good. But I don’t suggest seeing this just because of its visuals.

The comedy in this is was absolutely hilarious, like I said before it kept me laughing the whole way through the movie which was one of the great things about Pineapple Express. But besides comedy, there was also some good action which I didn’t really expect because most comedies don’t have really much action. I also really liked the comedy in this because it really wasn’t perverted humor like Apatow’s other movies. The humor for Pineapple Express was mainly humor about drugs. And that actually made me laugh more, which I’m glad about because usually it takes a lot of perverted humor to make laugh as hard as I did with comedies. Most of the humor anyway came from James Franco being high the entire movie which made me laugh throughout the entire movie. So if you want to see a movie which good humor that’s not perverted, and makes you laugh the entire way through, then I think this would be a good one for you to see.

Overall it took the spot of Superbad as my favorite comedy. James Franco was the funniest part of the part of the movie to me, but Seth Rogen was also very hilarious, and Seth Rogen and James Franco make a great comedy team. The story kept me entertained throughout the entire movie and kept me laughing throughout the entire movie. There was also some good action in this, which most comedies usually don’t have. There really wasn’t any perverted humor in Pineapple Express like most of Apatow’s movies; instead it had a bunch of drug humor, which also makes it more appropriate for kids, even though I still think little kids shouldn’t see it. I think this one would be a great movie to see in theaters and I don’t think it would really be a waste of your money to see this. But if for some reason you do happen to miss this in theaters I think it’s worth at least a buy on DVD, but if you’re not so sure I think it’s worth a rent.

“You’ve been served”

10/10
Back to top Go down
http://cloverfieldmovieforum.com

Pineapple Express
Page 1 of 1